Please work with the CAS director to select electives that meet your goals.
This certificate indicates successful completion of 12 credits of graduate study from a variety of disciplines related to Latin American themes. For a course to be eligible for the Latin American Studies certificate, the Latin American Studies director must agree that its Latin American content is at least 50% of the overall course content.
- Develop understanding of the history and geography of the Latin America and the Caribbean regions.
- Identify some social, political and economic challenges facing the region.
- Show ability to converse in a language of the region.
- Demonstrate understanding of artistic traditions and cultural production in Latin America and the Caribbean.
For complete CAS requirements, please visit the Course Catalog.
Interested students are encouraged to contact the director of the certificate program, Professor Gail Bulman (email@example.com), early in their tenure to develop a program of study.
In order to receive the certificate, students must complete 12 credit hours of coursework and earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 in these courses and successfully complete the degree program in their primary field.
Once you are approved, please fill out the forms in these two links below:
- Graduate Enrollment Internal Admission Application form. Please note that the “Program Code” for this certificate is LA04C.
- The Program of Study Form, which has to be signed by the student’s advisor and by Professor Gail Bulman who is the program director.
Please also remember that a Graduate Diploma Request Form must be completed through MySlice during the semester the student will graduate. Students must complete a separate form for each of their degree programs as each results in its own degree date and diploma.